Sunday, May 1st, my MawMaw turned 87 years old. We waited until tonight to celebrate, so that my uncle Mike, who lives in Dallas, could be here. My grandmother is a very special lady and loved SO much by SO many. She has 4 children, 10 grandchildren, and 16 grandchildren. She is such a beautiful and magnificent woman. She is always there with a warm tender hug and an encouraging word. Some of my best childhood memories are with her - from family vacations to sitting for hours at her house and playing paper dolls. And when Michael was born, she would come over everyday for weeks to be with us and help me after my mom had to go back to work. At that time, I had never really been about babies much and was scared to death I was going to do something wrong. And now I love going over to her house and hearing all her memories about her life. She remembers EVERYTHING!
Courtney, MawMaw and Michael
Uncle Mike and me before everyone started arriving
Waymon, Clay and Kristin
Becky and me
Opening cards/presents
David getting an iphone lesson from Becky
Two of my cousin Kristin's boys: Taylor and Brenton
And Cody
Michael and Rod doing what they do best - kicking back and relaxing
Courtney, Makynzi, Matt and Staci having a serious conversation
Waymon, Jeffrey and Teri
We all wrote about a special memory of my grandma, and my cousin Teri put them all in a scrapbook for her
There was a intense game of Twister going on up in Courtney's room
A sweet picture of Rodney and MawMaw
and another with mom and the kids
Sweet niece/uncle bonding
My mom is anemic and has trouble keeping her hemoglobin up. Every month, around the 1st, Michael gives her a B12 shot. Scary, huh? I realize he gives shots to dogs at the clinic, but my mom is a human. But she allows it. So I don't argue. She has to go to the doctor every 2 weeks to get her blood counts checked. And if her counts are below 12, she has to get a shot of Aranesp. She just had to get one this week. But sometimes can go several months without getting one.
If that were me getting a shot, I would not be smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment