This year Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes was very different for us. It was the first time, in 11 or12 years, that we have not had a child participate. L2L, and LTC (which the kids participated thru Michael's senior year) is for grades 3rd thru 12th. We still have a few years before Avery is able to compete. So the weekend was bittersweet. I wish that our kids would have been their with us, but at the same time I was not a nervous wreck trying to make sure that they were dressed, prepared and on time for each of their events.
This year L2L fell after the April 15th deadline. So that meant I was able to take off the entire day and we were not so rushed. We left Friday morning and arrived around 11 am.
The Gaylord Texas has an awesome atmosphere. The kids loved watching the trains and looking at the fish. The big kids were so good with the little kids.
This girl finally got a Snap Chat account. Which of course, required a selfie.
And now she is one of my best snappers. Just look at her aweseome first snap :)
Friday afternoon the younger kids did scripture reading. Avery and I went to watch Aubree and Autumn read their scriptures. They did GREAT!
Avery and Jack had a blast listening to the scripture readers...
I took the sleepy heads to the room with me to get their nap out. Jack woke up before Avery. So we tried to play quietly until she woke up. He requested a picture.
Friday evening most of our gang ( around 35) went to the Cheesecake Factory in Southlake to eat dinner.
I hope I'm not in trouble for posting these snaps, but I LOVE these people!
Friday night was the awards for the year round events. The Blossom kids racked up just like always! :)
And this banner won 1st place!!!
Cade made a good horse.
Saturday morning was the speech competition. We headed over to support our kids. It was really weird not having one competing.
Here are some sharp dressed boys!
We ate lunch at the Mexican restaurant in the hotel
Saturday night was the awards for the events that took place on Friday and Saturday. The girls won 3rd place for scrapbook.
I am SO PROUD of ALL these kids!
We have sort of made it a tradition to stop and get ice cream on the way back to the room.
The Easter bunny visited our room sometime during the night
We got dressed and went to worship with the L2L group. Several of the young men who had competed in speech brought the message and several young men led the song service.
I couldn't get this little girl to cooperate for pictures. This is the best I got...
We stopped at Victor's Italian restaurant in Bonham on our way home Sunday. The food was great!
I will end with several snaps I got on my way home on Sunday :)
































No comments:
Post a Comment