Christmas Eve night is when open all of our presents. We have always done this since the kids were little. And then Santa would always come and leave them some presents for Christmas morning and fill the stockings. I love having all the kids home and together, but this was the first year that did not work out. Cody had to work and was not able to come. And I am sure as the kids get older and have their own families, it will be harder to find a time that works for everyone. Even though we missed Cody, we still had a great time together.
We let our favorite curly headed friend and her sister open their presents first.
The kids are older now and really don't need or want much. I think they are very fortunate and life is treating them pretty good if they have a hard time of thinking of just one thing that they want. I found this idea on Pinterest of four presents to give, so that that is what I did for each of the kids from Rod and I: something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read. I think they really enjoyed this theme. And they got a envelope with some green in it too. That is really what makes them happy.
Something to wear...
Something to read...
Avery gave everyone some shower gel sets. She must thing we all stink! Or she has a cool person helping her shop...







No comments:
Post a Comment