10.07.2013

Oak Ridge Boys

The Oak Ridge Boys recently came to Grant, Oklahoma and I just happened to get us FRONT row tickets!  That might not be very exciting for some but the Oak Ridge Boys just happened to be one of my favorite bands, along with Alabama, when I was a young girl.  I remember putting their cassette tape in my jam box and roller skating in our drive way to all their songs.  Oh the good ole days.  Several people, including my husband, were making fun of me for being so excited to see a group of 70 year olds get on stage and sing. But it was AWESOME!  I was probably one of the youngest ones in attendance, and everyone sitting around me was drinking coffee, but I bet I could sing along better than anybody else that was there.  

Date Night
 These Oak Ridge Boys have been together for 40 years, or since I was a one year old.
 Duane Allen is from Cunningham, TX and just happens to be my mom's first cousin
 

 
They may be getting older but the boys can still sing!  What a fun night out with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment