Summer Youth Series has begun! We missed the first one due to it being our VBS week. So last Monday we traveled to our first SYS of the summer in the big town of Fulbright. We heard a message on "the strength of personal conviction." While the topics are aimed towards the youth, they are messages that we all need to hear. Our congregation had 31 in attendance, which I thought was pretty amazing.
Avery, Courtney and Hailey
Courtney, Hailey and Shane
Popa Rod and Avery
Michael, Amy and Shane
Hannah, Erin, Avery, Courtney and Hailey
Rod and Lanny
After we arrived back in Blossom, some of us headed to the gym to work out. Lanny and Michael began doing the Insanity work-out a couple of weeks ago. And I know why it is called Insanity - you have to be insane to do it! Seriously! I do a very modified version of the work-out. That is why I am still alive today. I am pretty sure if I did every move that Shaun T. did, I would not be alive to type this blog.
Avery LOVED Butler and Benton's plasma cars!
Courtney and Hailey
Even Kelli and Michael enjoyed the plasma cars. And to be honest, I really wanted to ride one too!
Tuesday night, we went and worked out again. Avery dressed for the occasion this time.
And Benton brought his motorcycle that he just learned to ride! It may look like a bicycle, but it is really a motorcycle. Just ask Benton.
Tonight the SYS was in Atlanta, TX. And since neither Courtney or Rod got off work until 6pm, there was no way we could have made it on time. Michael rode in the church van which left at 5pm. Can't wait until he gets home to hear about it!











No comments:
Post a Comment