I can't believe my little girl is a junior in high school and will be going to the prom this year!! Where does the time go?? A few weeks ago, a boy showed up on our front porch with a guitar. He sang Court a song and asked her to prom. It was sweet. And this same boy has given her a couple dozen roses over the last several weeks. He is certainly trying to win her affection. And she is playing hard to get. Anyway....we needed to get busy and find the perfect dress. The first store we went to was Jessica McClintock. She saw a dress there she really liked, but she didn't try it on. She wanted to look around first. So we went to Nordstrom and Macy's. But she wasn't crazy about the selection. She wanted to go back to Jessica McClintock and try on the first dress she liked. And when she did, it was a done deal. She looked beautiful!
Dress#1
Dress #2
Dress #3 - the winner!
After finding the perfect dress, we stopped in at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch
And after lunch this little girl did what I wanted to do :)
Courtney found some really cute shoes at Dillard's to go with her dress. But I didn't get a picture of them.Dillard's had these cute headbands with little hats and flowers on them. I thought they were so cute!! I so wish I would have been invited to the Royal Wedding!
I tried to get her to get this headband. I thought it would go perfect with her dress! And the prom theme - Roaring 20's. I did not succeed in convincing her to get it :(
It was a fun girl day with my mom, Courtney and Avery. And I am so pleased with Court's dress and can't wait to see her all dressed up with her date. And...I am helping with the refreshment table, so I get to go to prom too :)








No comments:
Post a Comment