We had a pretty laid back weekend. I worked for a little while on Saturday (for the 4th Saturday in a row - but who is counting) which was absolutely no fun. The only good thing about working weekends is comp time, which will come in handy this summer - and then I won't have to burn all of my vacation time. Then I spent Saturday afternoon grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning.
Sunday was our monthly singing at the nursing home. Some of our young boys led singing and our youth made valentines to hand out to the residents - which were a big hit :)
Little Ryan Butler is growing up!
For the last couple of years, we have invited friends over for a super bowl party. While I had good intentions to play hostess again this year, super bowl weekend snuck up on me and I did not have a chance to plan a party. Plus, I had to get Rod packed and ready for his trip to Tennessee this morning.
I did not even make any good appetizers. Well, I did make tortilla roll-ups for Courtney. But the rest was just pre-made snacks that I heated up. I did at least get out my football platters - to put my store bought (gasp) cupcakes and cookies on.
Our mini super bowl party included: Courtney
Rod
and Avery
and these two fizzled out pretty early
And the Giants WON!! Everyone who knows me well, knows that Peyton Manning is my football man. And if he couldn't be playing in the super bowl, who better to play than his little brother. So I was rooting for Eli all the way - in the house that Peyton built as they announcers kept saying :)
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment